Saturday, January 31, 2009

Name our baby!

We want your help to pick names. It takes Dan and I a long time to pick names for our baby and we have to find the perfect one. So we want to invite all our friends and family to contribute. Give us a suggestion and an explanation why you think this would be a good name for our baby. We will have to think about a prize just to make it more fun. Some things to consider; I like very unique names. Dan likes names with meaning. We like to pick a name that teaches our child about who they are, for them to have strength behind them. I like names that have a fun sound or meaning. Some names we have considered so far are.


For a Boy
Lucius why: It means light and it is a fun sound to make.
Gideon why: He is a man of Valour and a warrior in the Old Testament
Archer
why: It is super cute and represents aim and strength.

For a Girl
Penelope why: It is a name of a girl in a fairytale.
Sawyer
why: cute and then our family could have a Fin and a Sawyer.
Gwendolyn why: family name, Gwendolyn Mae Grue I read her history, believed her to be a righteous and strong woman.

Our children's names, so you can think about how the next child will fit in our family our children's names are as follows: Rachel Lynn Funken (we did not name her) Amy "Coco"(we did not name her. I gave her her nickname) Azure Marjorie Duree( The "z" was to keep the "z" going with my siblings first born children: Ezra, Xan, and Zak. Marjorie is after my Grandmother. Corban Daniel Duree (Corban is after the word in the bible. Daniel, after his father who is named after the Daniel from the Bible) Hope this helps!

Oh we like to give are children first and middle names. So, there could be more than one of you who wins. Please post name suggestions here by commenting so all can all see what suggestions everyone gives. This is not to vote. We can do that later; this is to compile a list of your suggestions.

10 comments:

Tony and Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness!!! This is totally awesome news!! I am soo excited for you guys! Now for the voting!!! I vote for Gideon for the boy and Penelope for the girl name! So excited for you!!

stephanie haacke said...

Congrats!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! I like the names picked out so far but I also think that Tristan, Sebastian, Elijah are cute names for boys. I think that Peyton is cute for a girl. This is just my input though. Best wishes!!

grandma Deb said...

I love to try to think up names and I think you have diffently have some good idea's I love the name Dani for a girl and another girl name I like is Lanie after her mom and Dani after her dad. I will keep thinking but those are 2 I thought of. Are you feeling okay? Chad and Wanda are expecting in April so we are thinking of names for them too. I will stay in touch. Love you G-ma Deb

Kristene said...

Elaine, you have such a beautiful blog! I love it!

I'm going to give this "name for your new baby" suggestion some real thought. And since I'm in Slovenia, you can bet that it will be original... I love you!

Torri P said...

Congrats!! I am taking kickboxing at a karate place, and the karate instructor has a really cool name...it is Justus. I think it sounds like a good strong name, and yet very unique! I looked up the meaning, and it has the same definition as the word Justice....meaning fairness! Ill keep thinking too!!

Torri P said...

this website has all sorts of cool names, with their meanings! Check it out.... http://www.name-meanings.com/

Robert and Michaelene Duree said...

This is so exciting!!! Congratulations!!! I like Penelope best :) Thanks for hooking us up with the party it was so fun!!! Emily is such a sweet heart :)
Love ya bunches
M

Cindy said...

What fun. Since you are brave as to naming children more un-common names, I will suggest one of my very favorite names: Malachi. Then, for short I would call him "Ky", spelled "Chi." (You wouldn't want to call him "mal" because that means "bad" in Spanish and French.) I like Sariah for a girl.

Zabriskie Family said...

Ok... So I have to check your blog more often! On day Azures going to the museum the next time I check your pregnant. Congrats! That is good news!

Lindsay said...

You need to update your blog on the duree happenings!!! Come on I KNOW you do fun stuff ;)