Saturday, April 10, 2010

We have chickens

YES WE HAVE CHICKENS for EASTER!


These Cuties will be our children's pets. That is adding to our already 3 fish tanks full of cheep fishies, two fire belly toads ( these where my idea), two crabs, and two parakeets. In these photo's we have 52 chicks. @ have died since then. That's not to be talked about though, because, it makes Dan sad. So 49 minus 6 that went to Craig and Stacey Johnson. Yes, we still have 43 chickens in our basement. we found we have more female then males we think. Sexing chickens Dan says is not an easy thing to do. In the end we will only be able to keep six. Dan is not in too big of a hurry to rid our selves of them all to quick I think he's worried about animals picking them off once they are outside.
The different breads are; Bearded Golden Laced Polish, Bearded Silver Laced Polish, Golden Sebright, Golden Sebright, White Silkie, White Sulten, White Leghorn, Black Tailed White Japanese.
Although this is great for the kids to become educated and own pets, great for Dan in a thereputic way to own pets. having animals is not something I imaged myself ever doing. I am trying to be open minded and learn from the experience.
I do LOVE the cute chicken coop Dan build:0) I will post a picture of it soon.

1 comment:

Clinton Home Educators said...

You go! See you're homeschooling!